The prolific reproduction of these pests makes them not only annoying but an increased risk to health around you and your family as they spread disease and pathogens.
Flies Facts & Figures
- Blue & Green Bottles are both Flies just like the common House Fly
- Female lays 6-8 batches of 100 eggs after one mating on refuse, fresh food, dead animals etc
- Eggs can hatch within 12 hours producing first stage larvae
- Mature larvae pupates
- After 3-5 days the adult fly emerges
- Total life cycle takes 7 weeks at 16°C, 12 days at 25°C